For most of us, our Children are the most important things in life. However there comes a time when it’s time to kick them out of bed. Especially when it comes to taking a family camping trip, or visiting the relatives in another State. Air beds are not best served with a side of kids. So do what we need to fix this problem? The best inflatable air mattress for kids would be a great start.
But what makes for the best air bed for children?. My kids are currently at the prime age to actually enjoy our next camping trip, and like I said earlier… It’s time to kick them out of the ‘adults tent’. So we are in dire need of a air mattress specifically designed for kids and our young Toddler. However, if you have children a little bit older, maybe 7 or older. Perhaps a Camping Cot For Kids is your best bet. So here’s are few of the things we are looking for when we decide to buy a kids air bed.
Quick Links To Info On This Page
- 1 When Buying A Air Mattress For Children…
- 2 Best Toddler Air Mattress With Sides
- 3 The Best Air Mattress For Small Children Up To 150 Lbs
- 4 The Best Air Mattress For Girls.. It’s Gotta Be Pink!
When Buying A Air Mattress For Children…
- For the Toddlers, we believe the air bed must have protection. As a toddler is not so confident in sleeping in a bed as it is, a kids air mattress with sides would be ideal. For the 5-7 year old kids, a camping cot may be a better solution.
- The length of the child’s air bed is important, especially if you have a taller than average child.
- What type of pump the bed needs, or are you going to be happy blowing it up by mouth. I know I won’t be.
- Quality of material is important more so if the air bed is intended for camping. You never know what kind of rocks or twigs the kids bring inside the tents. So a durable hard wearing material would be ideal.
- Finally the size of the air bed when its deflated. Space is always a issue whether its for camping, sleep overs at friends or visiting a distant relative. So the smaller the bed compacts down to the better.
Best Toddler Air Mattress With Sides
The amazing reviews (I found on amazon) for the Shrunks Toddler Travel Air Mattress are what sold us on this bed for our youngest child. The design is incredible and looks very safe for a toddler. While the air mattress costs a little more than what we were expecting, the safety of our toddler during the night is more important. This is why I rated it the best toddler air mattress with sides for ultimate protection.
The Shrunks toddler air bed has 5 inch side security rails to prevent a child from rolling out of bed. Even tho it’s not much of a fall from bed to ground. It’s what could be on the ground that may be an issue, especially when camping. This is why we believe the Shrunks to be the safest air mattress for Children.
There are 3 more very nice/unique features of the Shrunks toddler air mattress that make this a pretty certain buy for us.
- Flocking – The top of the air bed is flocked, which not only makes it more comfortable for the child. But also eliminates that annoying squeaky noise that’s common with air mattresses. So you won’t be hearing your child toss and turn all night due to the soft flocking.
- Unique Sheet Tuck Feature – An incredible design feature. This signature feature allows you to tuck any standard sized crib shit into the actual mattress. This will help for the safety of your child and also make the air mattress appear to be a standard bed.
- Pump included- Yay! no wasting 30 minutes blowing this toddler air mattress up by foot or mouth. Instead the small pump will have this bed up in around 30 seconds. What a relief.
- The Shrunks Toddler air mattress has a weight capacity of 100 lbs. From our research, this air bed will be suitable for children aged 2 to 7 years.
- Leave the air mattress deflated outside in the sun for a short time to eliminate the common plastic smell you get with new air mattresses. Not many reviews mentioned this, but it is a general tip for many air mattresses.
- Bring sheets from your toddlers crib and use when away. This will help ease the toddler into a new bed.
The Best Air Mattress For Small Children Up To 150 Lbs
The AeroBed for kids is a massively popular kids air bed. From the bunch of reviews that we went through, the impression we got about the Aero Bed are as follows.
Highly durable and can take a beating. For my eldest 2 kids, this suits them down to the ground. The constant wrestling, bouncing and jumping around means we are going to need a tough heavy duty air bed. The Aero Bed is made from strong PVC material like the common adult sized air mattresses.
The 4 inch bumper guard rails mean the kids will find it extremely hard to roll out of bed. Which is what we want. This air bed for kids doesn’t have the flocked top like the Shrunks unfortunately. But what it does come with is a thick fleece mattress pad cover (with stars and moons printed). Because the top is not flocked, much more noise can be heard when the kids roll around on the PVC top, even with the fleece cover on.
This bed also comes with a electric pump, so inflating is not a problem. The bed is said to be 5 foot in length and recommended by consumers for kids aged 3 to 8 years old, maybe 9 depending on height of child. The weight capacity is 150 pounds, so this should not be an issue. The Aero Bed comes with a handy carry bag, so the next trip to the Grand Parents will be a quick and easy set up.
The Best Air Mattress For Girls.. It’s Gotta Be Pink!
Bestway Dream Glimmers Comfort Air Bed Review
When my Wife first laid eyes on the Bestway Dream Glimmers, she knew instantly that this was the air mattress for our Daughter. Initially I was a bit skeptical about it because of the fact it’s pink. Can you blame me?.
Anyways, it turns out the Dream Glimmers is the perfect air bed for our little Girl. She loves pink, naturally and just try and get her to go to sleep at night without a night light projecting stars and what not. It’s impossible.
The night light on this Girl’s air mattress runs off batteries. So pack a few extra if you plan to go away camping or travel for a few weeks. You will need them. What I also like about this air bed, is the flocked top and head support. The flocked top for the same reasons as the Shrunks air mattress.
The head rest or backboard… is a nice addition, especially because my little Girl is just starting to read in bed. So this is a good way to keep up the education while out camping. She can easily sit and rest on the back rest like she would normally do at home.
While this air mattress is for kids aged 3 to 6 years old. It is the narrowest of the 3 air beds on our list. By narrow I mean really narrow. Don’t expect any rolling room because the side safety rails are right there, tucking you in at night. So keep this in mind.
Con: No included pump which is a bummer. However this air bed is much cheaper than our other suggestions. So a cheap battery powered pump will still keep you in good budget.